TEXTBOOKS: Information for Students regarding COVID-19 response planning.
Dear TUG students,
In light of the ongoing disruption to on-campus learning, the Campus Store has partnered with, VitalSource, and leading publishers to launch VitalSource Helps, a program offering free access to ebooks for TUG students who may have lost access to course materials with the rapid move to distance learning.
If you left your books on campus or prefer digital course material during this time, visit bookshelf.vitalsource.com to access up to seven FREE ebooks through May 25.
- VitalSource Helps provides access to tens of thousands of ebooks. Some content may not be available so please check availability before returning your rental materials to the Campus Store.
- VitalSource is available for all TUG students only.
- GRAD/ONLINE/ADC students will remain with their current textbook solutions.
Getting Started with VITALSOURCE:
To access free materials, you must use your @jessup.edu email address to log in or create an account. Before you get started, we encourage you to review this PDF here that offers additional details and frequently asked questions.
BELOW ARE THE INSTRUCTIONS should you need to access your TREE OF LIFE TEXTBOOK BUTLER PORTAL:
Tree of Life’s TEXTBOOK BUTLER:
- (PLEASE NOTE: VITALSOURCE is not available through your textbook portal) VitalSOURCE is a special supplement offered by the Campus Store to help offset the disruption to your classroom learning during this time)
- Tree of Life is the textbook provider for Jessup!
- CLICK HERE to OPT-IN or OPT-OUT of the Textbook Butler service provided by Tree of Life Bookstores. Textbook Butler will remain intact and functional during this time!
- VIP NOTE: When you go to the Tree of Life website listed above and here: jessup.treeoflifebooks.com – please log in using your JESSUP STUDENT EMAIL AND JESSUP STUDENT ID. Even if you are OPTED-OUT of the Textbook Butler service and simply want to see your textbook list – DO NOT create a NEW ACCOUNT! Your textbook and course information are specifically linked to your JESSUP STUDENT EMAIL AND JESSUP STUDENT ID.
- In order to RENT books from Tree of Life you must be OPTED-IN to the Textbook Butler Service provided by Tree Of Life.
- If you are OPTED-OUT of Textbook Butler, you may still purchase books through Tree of Life just as you would at any other textbook provider.
- When you are OPTED-IN to Tree of Life’s Textbook Butler, you will have your books automatically ordered for you upon registration for any given semester or session. Books will be shipped directly to you prior to the course start date.
- New Jessup Students are automatically OPTED-IN to the Textbook Butler Service.
- Textbook Rental is the default option from Tree of Life. Instead of purchasing the book,
you simply pay for the period of time you wish to use it and return the book to
Tree of Life when the class ends. Rental pricing is often about half the cost of buying
a book. Rental is a good option if you do not plan to keep the book for
reference or use it for another student. At the end of your course should you decide you want to keep your book, simply do not return the rental and you will be charged the difference between the rental and the purchase price. Not all books are eligible for rental. So, some of your books may be “buy” only. Usually the title must be a recent edition and not require students to write in, or rip out pages. You will see rental as an option next to “Used” and “New” on the *virtual bookstore website (textbook portal) where it is available.
- You can also find a link to the textbook portal through your Jessup Student Portal under the menu heading named “LINKS”
- TO CHANGE YOUR OPT-IN OR OPT-OUT of the Textbook Butler service provided by Tree of Life Bookstores CLICK HERE
JESSUP APPAREL & GOODS:
If you are looking for Jessup apparel and goods – please visit our Jessup Campus Store in Rocklin or visit our store website at: jessup.treeoflifebooks.com
JESSUP CAMPUS *STORE Hours (*Reduced in-store hours due to California COVID response plan):
- Monday 9 am – 12 pm
- Wednesday 9 am – 12 pm
- Friday 9 am – 12 pm
- *During this COVID response time – all Campus Store calls and emails will still be responded to as per our usual business hours of 9 am – 6 pm Monday – Friday
- For Jessup Campus Store questions: (916) 577-2390
- For Tree of Life textbook questions:
- Customer Service at Tree of Life: (888) 392-2930 Monday – Friday 6 am – 8 pm
Textbook Questions – Via EMAIL: submit a question at www.treeoflifebooks.com/customerservice/ask-a-question/
Campus Store Questions via EMAIL: email@example.com