If you desire to pursue a clinical internship, please meet with Becka Shaver (Bshaver@Jessup.edu) a semester in advanced to the desired start time. Positions are limited in a clinical setting and it is on a first come first served basis. A drug test, background check and immunization record is required to meet clinical setting internships. Any pursuing OT, PT or AT, this would be a requirement for graduate work.
Clinical Internship Details
- Drug test – go to US HealthWorks at 2305 Sunset Blvd. Rocklin (near BelAir) and request a 5-panel drug screen. Give them your name and identify that it’s for William Jessup University (they have already been advised of it going through our account for lower cost and results). Cost is about $55 and be sure to bring your ID.
Please let Christy Jewell know (CJewell@jessup.edu) if you are planning to go to US HealthWorks and she will make the online referral.
- Background check- complete form (attached) and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cost is about @25 and students PAY IN ADVANCE at the Library circulation desk with a card.
- Immunization record – that shows compliance with:
- Absence of tuberculosis (Annually)
- Initial two-step process; single thereafter
Demonstrate immunity to (serological testing or proof of adequate vaccination or current immunization):
- Varicella zoster
- Diphtheria, Tetanus, and Pertussis (Tdap)
- Hepatitis B status screening (can be declined)
- Influenza (proof of shot or declination required between October and April)
For those pursuing a non-clinical internship, the documents below are provided for your convenience. Before beginning your internship, William Jessup University Agreement form and a Request for Intership Form needs to be completed. Please see Becka Shaver (BShaver@Jessup.edu) if you have any questions.
Non-Clinical Internship Documents: