How would you like to boost your math and/or writing skills and test out of MATH-092 or ENGL-092?
Writing Boot Camp is a three-week hybrid course designed for incoming Jessup students who want to boost their writing skills and gain the confidence needed to become prepared for college-level writing. In three weeks’ time, students can gain the skills needed to test out of ENGL 092 and be eligible for ENGL 101A in the fall. The class runs two weeks online (August 6–17, 2018) and one week on campus (August 20–23, 2018 from 1-4pm). Registration fee: $100 (or $175 for both boot camps). Tuition is waived for students enrolled in Freshmen or Transfer Academy.
- Gain confidence needed to successfully write college-level essays.
- Write organized essays controlled by a strong thesis.
- Develop and expand ideas that are supported by a variety of relevant details and support.
- Construct sentences that demonstrate control of grammar, sentence variety, word choice, and conventions of standard written English.
Math Boot Camp is a four-week hybrid course designed to provide incoming Jessup students with a math refresher to either take the Math 092 challenge exam or review before entering Math 100. In four weeks’ time, this course prepares students to have a successful semester in a math course. The class runs three weeks online (July 30 – August 17, 2018) and one week on campus (August 20–23, 2018 from 9am-12pm). Registration fee: $100 (or $175 for both boot camps). Tuition is waived for students enrolled in Freshmen or Transfer Academy.
- Demonstrate an increased ability to reason about mathematics.
- Identify areas of further development in mathematics and plan for remediation.
- Identify and effectively use math resources.
- Differentiate between lack of preparation and test anxiety.
- Prepare for the next semester in math.
Click here to view our Frequently Asked Questions.