WJU policies posted here are categorized under the following branches. Some policies may be found in more than one branch, as applicable. You can search by category or by policy.
- Academics/Faculty Manual
- Business Office
- Health & Safety
- Employment & Human Resources
- Facility Usage
- Technology & Media Services
Purpose of WJU Administrative, Academic, and Operational Policies]
- Policy identifies standards and boundaries that the University holds.
- Policy guides actions towards those that are most likely to achieve desired outcomes.
- Policy exists to help ensure that our core values are reflected in our day-to-day operations.
- Policy helps ensure that our practices are in compliance with requirements set by regulatory/legislative bodies.
- Policy helps protect the University and its stakeholders.
What is a Policy at WJU?
In general, a policy is a concise formal statement that operationalizes principles that are valued by the University community. In general, policies are either “threshold” policies (sets a standard) or “boundary” policies (sets a boundary) for the issue being addressed. The following levels of policy work together to guide the operation of the University:
- Board policy includes executive guidelines for the President and broad institutional policies;
- Administrative policy provides direction for the development and monitoring of operational policies by the Cabinet;
- Educational policies provide direction for the comprehensive educational curriculum and its content and quality.
Policy or Procedure?
Differentiated from “policy” as described above, a procedure is the process by which the policy is applied to specific situations. Policies posted here may or may not include procedures. If a procedure is not attached/linked to a policy, consult with either your supervisor or the Policy Sponsor.