Welcome to WJU! Here is an overview of your orientation day if you are attending the in-person NSO. We will take you through the whole process so you will know what to expect.
What is New Student Orientation (& how long will it take)?
New Student Orientation is an opportunity for new students to finalize their first semester of classes, learn about graduation requirements, and meet with WJU’s faculty and staff.
- Photo IDs are taken upon check-in.
- New students meet with academic advisers, housing, and financial aid counselors.
- Students will also make their first payment.
See the section on “How Do I Know Which Classes to Take?” for more information about your registration.
YOU MAY NEED UP TO 4 HOURS TO COMPLETE THE PROCESS.
What do I need to do before attending New Student Orientation?
- Register for parking: If you plan to park on campus, complete the Parking Permit Application. If you will not be parking on campus, complete the Parking Waiver.
- Submit an application for housing or commuter status: Log onto the StarRezPortal.
- Complete these 3 e-forms: FERPA Disclosure, Declaration of Major, and Registration Contract.
- Complete any outstanding Financial Aid Documents in your Student Portal. To log in, see “How Do I Log Into My Student Portal?” below.
Do I have to finalize my registration in person or can I do it online?
We love meeting our new students in person. However, we do now offer an online New Student Orientation option. If you prefer the online format, please talk with your Admissions Counselor.
I am a Student Athlete. When can I move in?
Student athletes must attend New Student Orientation in-person or complete the online New Student Orientation course before they move in. Athletes cannot move in or participate in team practice until they have completed the registration process.
Do my parents have to attend?
While parent attendance is not mandatory, parents are welcome. We host a Parent Session just for them! Some students find it helpful to have their parents present, especially for financial aid questions.
How do I know which classes to take?
You have been REGISTERED in classes for Spring 18. These courses include any required first-semester courses and other selected courses that fulfill requirements for your degree completion.
To view your courses, visit My.Jessup and log in to your Student Portal using the example format below:
Username: firstname.lastname (e.g. willie.jessup)
Password: willie.jessup1234 (last 4 #s of your Student ID as listed on your acceptance letter)
If you would like to make changes to your classes, you will have an opportunity at New Student Orientation to meet with an academic adviser and adjust classes to fit your schedule. If you are in the online New Student Orientation course, you will have the opportunity to make schedule changes after you have completed the course. Your academic advisor will contact you through email.
Important: Attendance at New Student Orientation is REQUIRED (in-person or online) in order to confirm your classes and complete the registration process. Non-attendance will result in your classes being dropped.
We are happy to assist you and look forward to meeting you at New Student Orientation!
Registration Fine Print
Billing Statements Provided at New Student Orientation and on your Student Portal
How do I log in to my Student Portal?
1. Access the WJU Student Portal. Log in using your generic user name and password.
User Name: firstname.lastname
Password: firstname.lastname1234 (last 4 digits of Student ID)
2. Select the registration term.
I still have questions about New Student Orientation. Who can I contact?
Please contact the Registrar’s Office at (916) 577-2244 or firstname.lastname@example.org.