Welcome to William Jessup University! Here is an overview of the Advising and Registration (A&R) session if you are attending in-person. Below we walk you through the process so you know what to expect.
What is A&R (& how long will it take)?
A&R is step two of the New Student Orientation program and is an opportunity for new students to finalize their first semester of classes, learn about graduation requirements, and meet with Jessup’s faculty and staff.
- Photos for your student ID are taken upon check-in.
- Meet with academic advisers, housing, and financial aid counselors.
- Make the first payment on tuition.
See the section on “How Do I Know Which Classes to Take?” for more information about your registration.
YOU MAY NEED UP TO 4 HOURS TO COMPLETE THE PROCESS.
What do I need to do before attending A&R?
- Complete Jessup 101. The link to sign in was sent with your Admission checklist.
- Register for parking: If you plan to park on campus, complete the Parking Permit Application. If you will not be parking on campus, complete the Parking Waiver.
- Submit an application for housing or commuter status: Log onto the Housing Portal.
- Complete any outstanding Financial Aid Documents in your Student Portal. To log in, see “How Do I Log Into My Student Portal?” below.
Do I have to finalize my registration in person or can I do it online?
We love meeting our new students in person. However, we will accommodate appointments by phone if there is a need. Please see the A&R RSVP form in Jessup 101 to select your appointment.
I am a Student Athlete. When can I move in?
Student athletes must complete steps 1 and 2 of New Student Orientation (Jessup 101 and A&R) prior to moving in. Athletes will not be permitted to move in or participate in team practice until these have been completed.
Do my parents have to attend?
While parent attendance is not mandatory, parents are welcome. We host a Parent Session just for them! Some students find it helpful to have their parents present, especially for financial aid questions.
How do I know which classes to take?
You have been REGISTERED in classes for Fall 2018. These courses include any required first-semester courses and other selected courses that fulfill requirements for your degree completion.
To view your courses, visit my.Jessup.edu and log in to your Student Portal using the example format below:
Username: firstname.lastname (e.g. willie.jessup)
Password: willie.jessup1234 (last 4 #s of your Student ID as listed on your acceptance letter)
If you would like to make changes to your classes, you will have an opportunity at A&R to meet with an academic adviser and adjust classes to fit your schedule.
Important: Completion of Jessup 101 and A&R is REQUIRED (in-person or scheduled phone appointment) in order to confirm your classes and complete the registration process. Non-attendance will result in your classes being dropped.
We are happy to assist you and look forward to meeting you during the New Student Orientation process!
Registration Fine Print
Billing Statements Provided at A&R and on your Student Portal
How do I log in to my Student Portal?
1. Access the WJU Student Portal. Log in using your Jessup username and password.
User Name: firstname.lastname
Password: firstname.lastname1234 (last 4 digits of Student ID)
2. Select the registration term.
I still have questions about New Student Orientation and/or A&R. Who can I contact?