Advising & Registration Frequently Asked Questions

Here are some answers to frequently asked questions about college level, registration times, and advising.

Who is my academic advisor?

Log in to Student Portal > On the home page, choose the Quick View tab > View Advisor

Who is my faculty mentor?

Log in to Student Portal > On the home page, choose the Quick View tab > View Faculty Mentor

How do I know if I'm required to make an advising appointment?

You should have received an email with your Appointment Status. This email will specify if you are required to make an appointment.

When can I register for classes?

You can register at 12 AM on your registration day. (e.g. If you are a Freshman registering on Thursday, you can register at midnight on Wednesday night.)

Your college level is determined by your number of completed units. All in progress units are not counted in this total. For example, if you have completed 26 units and have 14 units in progress, you are still considered a Freshman. For more information read the section “What determines my college level?”

Where do I register?

Log in to Student Portal > Choose the Registration tab > Select Register Now

How do I get cleared to register?

Your adviser must clear you for registration whether or not you are required to have an advising appointment. Students assigned to the Registrar’s Office are required to meet with an advisor in the Registrar’s Office. Students assigned to faculty must contact them via Jessup email for an appointment. See your registration email for specifics.

ACADEMIC ADVISOR= REGISTRAR’S OFFICE: Book your appointment with your academic advisor using the MyAdviser Appointment Calendar.

FACULTY  MENTOR: Contact your faculty mentor by Jessup email or sign up in the Faculty Offices. Your faculty mentor must clear you to register.

What determines my College Level?

Your college level is based on your current number of completed units. This does not include in-progress classes. Go to Student Portal > Document Tracking >Degree Audit Form for a detailed evaluation of your progress.

FRESHMAN – Under 30 units

SOPHOMORE – 30-59 units

JUNIOR – 60-89 units

SENIOR – Over 90 units

Where do I check for holds?

Log in to Student Portal > Choose the Home tab > Select Quick View> Holds.

Where can I find out how many units I have completed?

Log on to Student Portal > Choose Document Tracking > Select Degree Audit Form. It will be on the bottom right of the first page under “Grand Summary>Completed”.

Can I take classes over winter break?

Classes are not offered during the winter break at WJU.

Guidelines for taking Jessup Online courses

A growing number of our student body are taking courses through Jessup Online which is great news! However, students should be fully informed and prepared to take online classes before registering for them.

Follow these guidelines when considering an online course:

1. Every student should take the Online Learning Readiness Assessment that can be found on MyJessup>Jessup Online. This assessment is designed to give students an opportunity to investigate if online learning is a good fit for them.
  2. In addition, students should not take 2 online courses at one time. These are intensive courses (an entire semester accelerated into 7 weeks) and require a commitment of approximately 20 hours/week. Each online course is the equivalent of 2 regular classes. Students may take one course in each of the two online sessions rather than two courses in the same session.

For more information regarding Jessup Online, please contact Sande Woodson, Director of Jessup Online.