Residential housing remains open for all residential students. Residential housing (halls and apartments) is closed to guests and is restricted to Jessup students, faculty, and staff only.
In order to steward the health and safety of our University community, please adhere to the following:
- Please provide “social distancing” of six (6) feet and limit physical interactions where possible.
- Residential Students who have had a known exposure to COVID-19, should self-quarantine off campus, if possible. Residential Students who are experiencing common cold and/or flu-like symptoms (“symptomatic”) such as fever/chills, cough, sore throat, and runny/stuffy nose, should contact their Resident Advisor and/or the Residence Director and should self-quarantine off-campus or remain in their rooms for 72 hours (3 days) after symptoms have ended or 7 days after the onset of symptoms, whichever is longer.
- Symptomatic students should seek the care of their medical provider to ensure they are being professionally cared for. Symptomatic students should call ahead to their medical provider to inform them of their symptoms and follow the directions of the medical provider.
- The University will accommodate the meal needs of symptomatic Residential Students who cannot return home and are self-quarantined in their residential housing. Symptomatic Residential Students should contact their Residential Advisor, their Residential Director, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Residential Students may choose to return home if they desire. Students leaving campus for an extended period of time (longer than one week) should contact their RA, RD, or email@example.com to inform the University.
- Resident Advisors have disinfecting wipes and are distributing to students upon request and as available. Residential Students should make best efforts to clean/disinfect regularly-touched surfaces and follow the CDC’s guidelines for cleaning and disinfecting to reduce the spread of infectious diseases.