Requesting Commuter Status

Hand paper 2

All students are required to live on campus unless they meet the following requirements and have a completed and approved Application for Commuter Status on file with the Office of Student Life.

Students who are married or living at home with parents are free to live off campus. Student life may grant additional exceptions to live off campus if:

  • the student is 22 years old or older;
  • the student’s parents request permission for the student to live with a close relative who has an established home in or near Rocklin;
  • living off campus for health reasons is required by a physician (documentation is needed) or;
  • the student has more than 90 units;
  • the student is participating in an off-campus program, internship, or student teaching.

Financial aid policies state that “institutional aid may be coordinated to create a package of up to 50% of tuition for commuter students and up to 100% of tuition for students living on campus.”

Want to apply for commuter status? Please complete the online application: