*Please print out the application so you have a copy on file in case you ever need it
*If your club is affiliated with an off-campus organization or national chapter, please submit a copy of your affiliated group's by-laws and/or constitution. If the affiliated by-laws are omitted from this application packet, the club activation will not be completed and your club will remain unrecognized.
CLUB AGREEMENT FORM
1. To function within the University mission, guidelines, and policies.
2. A club must congregate a minimum of once each month.
3. Full participation in the Fall and Spring Involvement Fairs.
4. Fully inform the Advisor of all meetings, planned events, and club vision.
5. Schedule specific times to consult with the Assistant Director of Orientation and Engagement and Campus Life Intern
6. Assume all administrative responsibilities for the club (i.e. finances, safety, etc.)
7. Submit event request forms/funds request forms 2 weeks prior to event.
ADVISOR AGREEMENT FORM
1. Assisting the organization in identifying its goals and aid the members and officers by clarifying their responsibilities within the group.
2. Being an advocate for the club.
3. Know the happenings of all meetings and being informed of all plans of action.
4. Participating in the planning of all on and off campus activities.
5. Attending one club activity a month.
6. Reviewing and signing all necessary paperwork.
7. Promoting positive relationships between university representatives and students.
8. Scheduling specified times during which the club members may consult with you.
9. Being concerned about developing the leadership skills of club officers.
10. Serving as a resource person for alternative solutions to problems and to help resolve problems and issues confronting the club.
11. Acting as a positive critic of the club by giving constructive feedback.
12. Assisting in the transition between incoming and outgoing officers.
13. Must be okay with submitting event request forms if needed from your club president.
It is valuable to have a written document that clearly describes the framework of your organization. The process of constructing a constitution will clarify your purpose, delineate your basic structure and provide the cornerstone for building an effective group. It will allow members and potential members to have a better understanding of the organization's purpose and function. It will provide a structure to aid future leaders of your organization to insure that the group continues on a sound course.
ARTICLE I: Name and Purpose of Club
ARTICLE II. Requirements for Membership and Selection of Members
Membership in this club shall not be denied to any student of William Jessup University, on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, economic status, or physical ability.
ARTICLE III. Officers
President- shall preside at all meetings of the club. They shall be the official spokesperson of the club, representing the policies, views and opinions of the club in its relations with the campus and community at large. They have further powers and duties as prescribed by the club. Vice President- presides at the club meetings in the absence of the President. They perform all duties assigned by the President. They notify all members of the club meeting time and location. Secretary- takes minutes at all meetings of the club, files minutes and submits required copies to all club members. They are responsible for all club correspondence and keep copies of all correspondence on file. They act as historian and maintain all records of the club. Treasurer- handles all financial affairs and budgeting of the club.
ARTICLE IV. Meetings
ARTICLE V: Advisors
(The advisor shall represent this club at all meetings of student club advisors)
ARTICLE VI: Method to Amend the Constitution
1. Proposed constitutional amendment or charges will be presented, in writing, to the club one meeting before this amendment is voted on.
2. Approved by 2/3 of the voting members present at a regular club meeting will pass this proposed amendment. The amendment is immediately effective unless otherwise stipulated in the proposal.
ARTICLE VII: Rules of Order
ARTICLE VIII: Statement of Affiliation
If Yes, please submit a copy of your affiliated group's by-laws and/or constitution. If the affiliated by-laws are omitted from this application packet, the club activation will not be completed and your club will remain unrecognized.