- 4 GB RAM
- 250 GB hard drive or larger
- Intel Core I series or AMD processor
- Windows 10 or higher
- macOS 10.15.X or higher
- Some students have had good success with a Google Chromebook, iPad, or Android Tablet
For Windows computers
- Windows Defender Antivirus is built-in with Windows 10. Please visit this Microsoft Comprehensive Security site for information about the client.
For Mac computers
- ITS recommends that you install Avast for Mac or Clam X Antivirus.
- Google Chrome – recommended browser (Download at https://www.google.com/chrome)
- Firefox – Alternate browser (Download https://www.mozilla.com)
- Microsoft Edge (Windows)
- Safari 6 (Mac only)
- Browser https://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/
- Java: https://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp (then click “Verify”)
- PDF Reader. Mac computers have Preview that can open PDFs. Windows computers can download Adobe Reader: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
- You will need a word processing program, and many classes use a presentation software. As part of your Jessup Google account you will have access to Google Drive. Google Drive includes a word processor, spreadsheet and presentation software. You can access Google Drive under the square, 9-dot menu at the top-right of your email inbox.
- You can also purchase Microsoft Office (including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) at a discount from https://jessup.onthehub.com, or you can get the web-based Office 365 apps for free when you sign up with your @jessup.edu email account here.
- You can purchase a portable hard drive to regularly backup your entire computer. These drives come with automated backup software, or you can use Windows Backup which is built in to Windows 10 or Time Machine on a Macintosh. You can get a 1 Terabyte drive for under $125.
- You will have unlimited free storage available to you in Google Drive as a part of your Jessup Gmail account, which you will get to keep using post-graduation.
- Another option is to subscribe to an online backup service such as carbonite.com.
Please note: Fulfilling the above requirements does not guarantee that your computer will be able to smoothly run all the required programs.