Appealing a Grade

After final grades have been filed in the Registrar’s Office, a grade in a course may be changed only by the course instructor. Appeals must be directed first to the instructor, then to the department chair, and to the Vice President for Academic Affairs. If the request remains unresolved at any of those levels, the student may file a grade grievance petition with the Academic Committee. The deadline to file an appeal is the last day of the subsequent semester.

All instructors are encouraged to retain records of completed course work and grades for a period of one calendar year from the date of the last day of the semester. Part-time, relocating, and retiring instructors should provide these materials to their respective departments.