Transfer of Credits Overview

  1. All courses taken at schools with regional or ABHE (formerly AABC) accreditation, meet UC or CSU transferable credit requirements, do not repeat WJU credits, and are a C- or better will be accepted in transfer during the first semester of enrollment. Units will be accordingly distributed to proper requirements. Any extra units will be allowed to affect class standing but will not apply toward degree completion. Decisions about course comparability may be referred to the appropriate department chairs.
  2. Transfer credit generally not awarded for coursework taken at institutions without regional or ABHE accreditation credit may be considered after students have successfully completed 24 semester units in residence at WJU. Consideration of such transfer credit may require:
    • Students to provide catalog descriptions and/or course plans for the classes that could transfer,
    • Evaluation and approval from the respective department chairs, or
    • Other appropriate means of validating the credits previously earned.

    The amount of transfer credit will be decided on a course-by-course basis and only awarded upon verification of the educational integrity of both the individual course and the institution from which the course was taken.

  3. Verification of educational integrity for courses and/or degrees completed at a college or university outside the United States must come from an appropriately recognized international educational evaluation source, such as IERF (International Education Research Foundation). A list of acceptable international evaluation services can be obtained from the Registrar’s office. The cost of such verification will be borne by the student.
  4. Students who have been out of college for an extended period of time may have to retake some coursework at the discretion of the Vice President for Academic Affairs.
  5. Courses taken at another college, but used as part of high school graduation requirements will not count toward completion of a degree.
  6. A maximum of 50% of the total units required for a bachelor’s degree are allowed in transfer from community colleges.
  7. Students may appeal for re-consideration of evaluation first to their advisor, then to the Registrar. Final decisions about the awarding of transfer credit rest with the Vice President for Academic Affairs.