The Jessup Student Leadership Program equips students to be Christ-centered transformational leaders through competency-based learning and experiential professional leadership development beyond their academic program.
Students who participate in the Jessup Student Leadership Program will be equipped to:
- Help fulfill the university’s mission in educating transformational leaders by producing change and building lives through authenticity, inspiration, empathy, and innovation.
- Develop transferable skills making students exceptionally employable in their chosen field upon completion of their education at Jessup.
- Approximately 100 student leaders are hired for each coming academic year.
- Scholarships range in amounts depending on roles and responsibilities.
- Student leaders agree to uphold the Community Covenant, abide by the Student Handbook, agree to a leadership contract, and set behavioral expectations. Student leaders also attend required training before each semester and participate in a student leadership seminar course each semester.
- Student Government Association (SGA) has elections in the spring before serving with a freshman representative election in early fall for incoming first-year students. The SGA scholarships range depending on the officer or representative responsibilities and provide students with another opportunity to lead.
Interested in applying for student leadership? Position descriptions and the application can be found below. Position descriptions are also available at the Student Life Office after 1/25/2020.
Missed the Student Leadership Info Session? Check out the recording HERE.
COME TO THE INDIVIDUAL INFO SESSIONS TO FIND OUT MORE
Residence Life Info Session – Feb. 1 9pm-10pm @ the Point; Google link
Campus Ministries Info Session – February 4th 2:30pm in Crossroads 103; Zoom link
JOE Info Session – TBD
Student Care Info Session – February 4th, 4-5pm @ Rispoli Hall; Google link
ISA Info Session – February 5th at 8pm; Zoom link
Click 2021-2022 Leadership Position Handout for the list of available positions.
2/8/2020 Applications DUE
Applications are due by 11:59 pm. Please contact the supervisor of the leadership area you intend to apply for late application submission.
2/10-2/26 Leadership Interviews
2/19-2/26 Offer Letters Sent
2/19-3/8 Confirmations DUE
All students are welcome to attend a resume workshop *required for all first-time applicants.
Fill out The Student Leadership Application. You must be signed into mine—Jessup to view the application. Please contact the Student Life Office if you have any questions regarding your application.